Our Memories: Laurel Daniel

Laurel Daniel, Staff Writer

My sophomore year at Forsyth Central High School has rewarded me with so many memories, it’s hard to pick just one to talk about. One memory I will hold onto is my involvement in the Flash of Crimson marching band. Marching band has introduced me to some of my closest friends, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Goofing off in the stands, driving to Zaxby’s on Fridays, drinking hot chocolate after performances, and sharing a crusty hand warmer on cold nights are some memories that really stuck out to me throughout the season. Another memory I will cherish is my time spent this year in the Humanities Institute. Food days during Mr. Henderson’s class were always something I looked forward to, and I had an amazing class to enjoy these days with. My humanities classes, journalism, AP world history, and honors lit were always my favorite classes because I got to spend time with some great friends and amazing teachers. Another surprisingly good memory was my Spanish 3 class. At the beginning of the year, I hated my Spanish class, because I sat alone and no one ever talked to me. I hated that class, and was determined to move to online Spanish once the semester ended. But at the end of first semester, I befriended some kids at another table, and we began to sit together. Before you know it, my least favorite class became one of my favorites. I had so much fun with my new friends, and I hope I can have a class with them again. Even though my year got cut short, I am still grateful for all the wonderful friends I have made and the memories I will cherish for the rest of my high school career.