• November 12Congratulations to Comp Cheer on placing 6th at State!

• November 12Band Concert November 13th @ 6:30

• October 29Coffeehouse is on November 15 @ 7PM in the PAC

Central’s Takedown of North Forsyth

Emma Harding, Editor

This past Friday night, history was made by the Varsity Football Bulldogs as they broke the 11 year streak of losses when they took down the Raiders of North Forsyth.

In the first half of the game, North took the lead on their home turf as they were up 13-3 but it wasn’t long until Central began to bark back. By halftime Central was up 24-13 and weren’t letting down.

Moving into the second half of the game, Central was able to hold the reins on the North Forsyth Raiders. After North’s touchdown in the third quarter, Central stepped it up, blocking two field goal kicks and keeping North away from the end zone until the end of the game.

The Central Crazies kept up the energy the entire night in their “Hick out” inspired outfits which motivated the Varsity Dawgs to keep fighting for their well deserved win.  

With seconds left on the clock, a realization of what the boys had accomplished swept across the crowd and everyone went wild. Crazies stormed the field, the band began to play a celebratory tune, and the parents went wild.

Coach Jackson cheering with the team

During the end of game meeting held on North Forsyth’s field, each of the Varsity Football coaches expressed how proud they were of the team and just how much they have improved over the past couple of years. Coach Jackson, a US History teacher at FCHS, made sure his boys knew the level of his excitement over the Central’s takedown of North by cheering with them as they all huddled.

See all the highlights in this Brad Bretz video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdQCI-x47zI&feature=youtu.be

Make sure to come out to the homecoming game this Friday night against West Forsyth @ 7:30. Be sure to come out and show your spirit as the Forsyth Central Bulldogs were chosen as the Fox 5 Game of the Week.

About the Writer
Emma Harding, Editor

My name is Emma Harding and I am a junior at Forsyth Central High School. I am sixteen going on seventeen and love being a part of the Central Scene. I’d have to say I’m quite the old soul who loves watching older classic movies (my favorite at the moment being “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”), rummaging through record stores either for classic rock albums or taking it all the way back to 50’s rock n’ roll, and believing that chivalry is not dead. Not only am I a part of the Central Scene, but I have been on the Varsity Volleyball team as well as the Forsyth Central DECA Officer team for the past two years. All three of these aspects play a major part in my high school experience and have built me into the hard-working, independent person I am today. I’m excited to branch out into the community more along with learn more about what occurs at Forsyth Central in order to write and share all of it with you, the reader.