Central Scene

• December 12Early Release next Tues., Wed., Thurs. @ 12:55

• December 12Region 5 Wrestling Duals, 1/12 at 10 am in the Dome Gym

• December 12Choral Winter Concert 12/13 , 7pm in the PAC

Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Delayed!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Delayed!

Cody Brown, Staff Writer

The Guardians of the Galaxy, a name that appeared out of nowhere and took the world by storm, and why wouldn’t it? Great actors, greater music, amazing visuals and amazingly inappropriate humor! I love the Guardians and I love the way they’ve blended into the Marvel Universe. Behind the scenes, however, The Guardians are getting ready for their last hoorah!

James Gunn, the director of Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2,  was fired on July 20th this year from future projects. The reason for his abrupt firing was the resurfacing of several offensive tweets by him between 2008-2012.

After the dismissal of James Gunn, Disney turned to several crew members in charge of preparing the next installment and claimed that, “They are dismissed and free to look for new work.” Now the movie is being delayed from its 2019 release to sometime in 2020.  For the first time ever, Marvel will have a gap in their schedule.

Actors for the movie are not pleased with these decisions. Chris Pratt, the actor for Star Lord, posted, “Although I don’t support James Gunn’s inappropriate jokes from years ago, he is a good man. I’d personally love to see him reinstated as director of Volume 3.” He also penned a letter signed with his and all the other cast members names. Dave Bautista, the actor for Drax, also posted on his twitter “I will have more to say but for right now all I will say is this..@JamesGunn is one of the most loving,caring,good natured people I have ever met. He’s gentle and kind and cares deeply for people and animals. He’s made mistakes. We all have. I’m NOT ok with what’s happening to him.

James Gunn is ashamed of what happened, and defended himself by saying, “As I have discussed publicly many times, as I’ve developed as a person, so has my work and my humor.” With the situation still evolving on what will happen next, there are so many questions to be asked. Who will take over in James Gunn’s position? What movie will now fill Marvel’s new gap? Will Disney reboot the Guardians of the Galaxy with new actors?

As of now, no one can truly answer those questions. Marvel is going to have its hands full with these changes and the ever present eye of Disney over them. Still, all we can really hope for is that Disney and Marvel don’t ruin this Interstellar thrill ride we’ve called, “The Guardians of the Galaxy.”

About the Writer
Cody Brown, Staff Writer

Names Cody, I’m a Senior here at Central just trying to make it by. I love Art, Music, Acting and all that other good stuff. I believe the simplest things...