Central Scene

• December 12Early Release next Tues., Wed., Thurs. @ 12:55

• December 12Region 5 Wrestling Duals, 1/12 at 10 am in the Dome Gym

• December 12Choral Winter Concert 12/13 , 7pm in the PAC

Tam’s Backstage

McKenzie See-Holbrook, Staff Writer

Built in 1923, Tam’s Backstage was originally used as the only school house in Forsyth County. The wooden floors and brick walls give a deep feel of history that the building holds. Located behind the Cumming Playhouse, Tam’s Backstage is known for the Italian-American cuisine and vintage feel of the atmosphere. When you enter, you’re welcomed by dim lighting, a quiet interior, smiling employees, and a smell of delicious food. As you are seated, the tables are covered with nice glasses and silverware that give it a classy appeal. One of the walls at Tam’s has a beautiful canvas painting of a woman with a chair on stage being hit with a spotlight as men gaze at her while she performs. The off-Broadway, vintage feel of Tam’s Backstage is a wonderful place to enjoy a meal and then see a show afterwards.

Tam’s uses fresh ingredients to make all of their meals. Their appetizers are beautiful to the eye and taste amazing as well. The bruschetta, topped with mushrooms and olives, has a nice crispy texture from the bread and then a smoother texture from the mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes. They also serve a chicken tortilla soup filled with chicken, tomatoes, fresh cilantro and spices, and topped with crispy tortilla straws. The mixture of spices gives it a tasty flavor with a slight kick.

As the appetizers come to a close, their “award-winning” entrees come to the stage. If you are looking for a creamy pasta with crisp vegetables and grilled chicken, then the Broadway Pasta is for you. Filled with asparagus, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and topped with grilled chicken, this dish is one that will leave you wanting more. Tam’s also has a selection of salads and homemade dressings. The Grilled Shrimp and Scallop Salad served with Italian Feta Dressing is one of the best items Tam’s has to offer. Tender shrimp and perfectly-cooked scallops on top of a bed of spring mix with carrots, red onion, asparagus, and toasted almonds will be the reason you keep returning to Tam’s Backstage.

For any occasion from couples date night to friends getting together for a nice meal, Tam’s Backstage is the perfect place to go if you are in the mood for a tasty dish, warm and calming atmosphere, and wonderful customer service. Enjoy the Broadway scene even if it is just for the short time of a meal.

About the Writer
McKenzie See-Holbrook, Editor

On the edge of seventeen.

Hey guys-my name is McKenzie See-Holbrook and I’m a senior at Forsyth Central. This is my third year being a part of the...