• October 12October 27th Is The Homecoming Dance Come Out and Have A Great Time

• October 12Come Support Central At Our Pink Out Homecoming Game October 12th!

The Show of the Season

Brianna Noto and McKenzie See-Holbrooke, Staff Writers

Every year, Forsyth Central DECA and Ms. Martin’s advanced fashion marketing students put on a Prom Fashion Show to help raise money for the school’s DECA chapter. They showcased the trendiest prom dresses and tuxedos for this year’s upcoming prom season. The dresses and tuxes were supplied by sponsors RSVP Prom and Pageant and Tuxedo Warehouse. This fashion show is completely organized and run by the students.

“Real life projects allow students to utilize skills such as central thinking, problem solving, and creative thinking,” Ms. Martin stated.

Ms. Jones’ second and third-level cosmetology students created the hair and makeup looks for the models, and Ms. Martin’s third level fashion marketing class created the show itself over a period of three months and ran it from backstage.

This year’s Forsyth Central DECA Prom Fashion Show took place on January 22nd, and it was the best one yet. The show was executed differently than past shows, and many of the changes were revolutionary. Coordinator Caroline Abernathy changed the whole structure of the show by choosing to use projections instead of boards for the backdrop and a raised runway instead of just lights in the shape of one.

Our school was the first in the county to do the show this way. “I made the changes to the fashion show in order to take the Fashion Marketing class to a new level. I wanted to show modern advancements through the use of technology,” says Caroline.

This year’s show was called “Fashion Week” and it took the audience through the four fashion capitals of the world: New York City, London, Milan, and Paris. The emcees, Mr.Walker and Katelyn Lyons, acted as tour guides throughout the four cities.

“It’s always an awesome experience [to emcee] because it gives me an opportunity to interact with students outside the classroom. I get to see them go over the year-long project and that has been so amazing to watch all in one night,” Mr. Walker stated.

The show was enhanced with props such as the Statue of Liberty, Big Ben, and the Eiffel Tower. This year’s stage design, music choices, and overall aesthetic of the show had an air of sophistication and luxury, and it felt like a real fashion show.

The props looked real from the audience’s perspective, and the music went well with each city. These along with the show’s technological advancements elevated the audience experience.“The audience interaction with the models this year was outstanding; it shows the effectiveness of the show.” Mr. Walker comments.

With this year’s prom fashion show behind us, we thank our emcees, the cosmetology program and DECA officer team for making this night possible. We would also like to give a huge thank you to this year’s fashion show coordinator, Caroline Abernathy, Ms.Martin and her 4th period, and stage manager Melissa Poloncarz for making this show the best one our Fashion Marketing Department has ever produced.