Central Scene

• December 12Early Release next Tues., Wed., Thurs. @ 12:55

• December 12Region 5 Wrestling Duals, 1/12 at 10 am in the Dome Gym

• December 12Choral Winter Concert 12/13 , 7pm in the PAC

An Unlikely Disturbance

Back to Article
Back to Article

An Unlikely Disturbance

Anonymous, Staff Writer

A senior at Forsyth Central High School, who will remain unnamed out of sheer embarrassment of this incident, has failed their entire AP World History test because they were too distracted by the stray mark their teacher left on the board to focus.  

“It’s the most devastating thing that’s happened to me this year.  I spent three whole days studying and making flashcards, and I felt really confident going into the test.  But when my teacher erased the schedule he had left on the board, he left behind this small green line that just wouldn’t stop annoying me.”  The student pauses to shed a tear.  “I couldn’t think straight at all.  I couldn’t remember the differences between the gunpowder empires at all, and that’s the one thing that I stayed up all night studying!”  

Since the incident, five more students have reportedly failed their exams due to this careless mark.  One senior claims that, “I couldn’t sleep last night because of that line on the board.  All I could think about was how I just bombed that test.  My parents are gonna kill me, dude.”  Another senior, upon discovering their grade, broke down in tears and curled up into the fetal position on the floor, muttering, “The line is a curse,” over and over.  

When interrogated about the stray mark on the board, the students’ teacher, who will also remain unnamed, casually shrugged his shoulders and said, “What can I say?  I can’t help the fact that my erasers are all worn down and the board doesn’t stay clean 24/7.  I can add a curve to the test if it will make them feel better.”  But according to the victims, it won’t make them feel better.  One senior retorted, “You can curve my test, you can bump my grade up, you can even exempt me from the final, but I will never forgive you for the psychological damage your careless erasing has given me.”

Forsyth Central’s Beta Club has now organized a charity drive to collect new erasers and bottles of board cleaning spray for all of the staff.  Their mission statement promises to “erase the pain away” for the victims of the board incident and for the rest of the student body.