• October 12October 27th Is The Homecoming Dance Come Out and Have A Great Time

• October 12Come Support Central At Our Pink Out Homecoming Game October 12th!

Autumn Coffee Stops

Luke Lindsey, Staff Writer

Transitioning into autumn would be a great time to feed your growing coffee addiction. It may seem sometimes that the only local coffee available is Starbucks, but don’t fool yourself. There are some brave entrepreneurs in the area battling the java giant, and bringing us some quality coffee.

Rendezvous, a small coffee shop in Cumming, GA (located in Lakeland Plaza), has been named the best coffee shop in Forsyth County. Their espresso has a rich chocolaty flavor for their and is a great place for brunch as well. Their food is inexpensive and incredible. One can taste the passion, care, and love put into its preparation.

Cafe Rendezvous at Lakekand Plaza

Rendezvous was created for coffee-dates and conversation. Its tables and seating were made for two, but it is certainly possible for you to crunch the small tables together if you decide to bring your crew. There is seating also available outdoors for those looking to enjoy the weather. This coffee shop is extremely close and a great place to go and stay for a while, or to just stop by. Go, bring a friend and sit down with a nice coffee and pastry!

Crimson Moon of Dahlonega

The Crimson Moon would definitely be another worthwhile trip. Located in Dahlonega, Ga, they often are hosts to college students enrolled at UNG, but they are a definite stop for travelers, visitors, and those in the area looking for some good coffee and food. Their espresso has a nice kick, but their talented baristas blend their drinks to create a smooth, balanced coffee. They frequently feature local musicians, and offer sit-down meals that are very tasty.

The Crimson Moon has a downstairs and upstairs area (including an outdoor deck), with tables varying in size, but generally seat 4-6 people. If you just come for the coffee, the coffee bar is in a back room where they have a nice place to sit and hang. Definitely crash this place with your friends for some great food and a nice caffeine fix.

Nido Cafe, located in Vickery Village, is a heartwarming cafe whose staff creatively incorporate their talent as chocolatiers with their expertise in coffee and cuisine. The Cafe Nido, a coffee drink offered on the menu, uses Spanish chocolate to sweeten a strong cup of specially brewed coffee. Nido is the Italian word for “nest,” which connotes warmth and comfort, the feeling that is associated with home.

Cafe Nido of Vickery Village

The cafe is split; the front entrance has sit-down areas for coffee drinkers, and the back offers tables for those seeking great food to accompany their coffee. The walls are painted white, brightening the place and emphasising the beauty in simplistic interior design. Jazz or soul is the usual music of choice for the cafe, which almost makes you forget that you’re in Forsyth County, and not eating in a five-star expensive restaurant in the city.

Although they failed their health inspection last month (due to having raw meat on the counter when making a salad), they are definitely now more cautious with their food safety. Their kitchen is always visible through a large opening in the wall that can be seen from the espresso bar. You can watch them prepare your meal if you choose, making your experience feel honest and bare. Don’t be fooled by its high-class appearance, you can show up here in  a suit and tie or in your pajamas.

Nothing accompanies the smell of burning leaves and warm colors of Autumn like a nice coffee, and if you haven’t been to these cafes, they might make your fall season that much more enjoyable.

1 Comment

One Response to “Autumn Coffee Stops”

1. Jennifer on August 25th, 2017 6:00 pm

I throughly enjoy reading Luke’s articles. He is really good at making you feel a part of what he describes. A coffee lover myself, I find a strong urge to try every place he has described and I plan to! This article makes me even more excited about the approach of fall. I look forward to many more articles posted by this talented writer.

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Is “The Nightmare Before Christmas” A Halloween Or Christmas Film?

• Autumn Coffee Stops

The Cumming Fair – What’s New For 2018?

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Are Forsyth Frogs in Danger?

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Why Is Funding For The Arts Important

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Nike Controversy with Colin Kaepernick – What Does This Mean For Nike?

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Delayed!

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Georgia’s Growing Film Industry

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Teen Titans, No (?)

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Shane Dawson: Pushing the Boundaries of YouTube

• Autumn Coffee Stops

Milk and Honey

Autumn Coffee Stops