• November 13Please donate new or gently used winter clothing by 11/15. Donation boxes are all around campus, or in room 1534.

Senior Class Elections

McKenzie See-Holbrook, Staff Writer

As Senior Class President elections approach, many students have a difficult time choosing which student deserves the task of being in charge of the many school activities for the graduating class. At Forsyth Central two of this year’s candidates, Kealy Ford and Perry Ender, sat down and spoke to me about what they would do if they were elected to be President of the class of 2018.

Perry Ender is the first senior I interviewed about being a candidate for Senior Class President. Ender stated that his main objective as president would be “to make this year as fun as possible. I’d like to keep the tradition we have of  handprints and senior field day but my main goal really is to bring in new things and I have a couple ideas that I don’t believe have been done here for seniors. A senior basketball game between students and teachers would be really fun.”

Ender wants to “bring everyone together with events and get everyone to bond,” and he believes if he was president he could accomplish that. “I decided to run for president because it has always been a goal of mine. All four years I had thought about it and this year was the most important for me and it made me want to do it.”

I asked Perry why he thought he should be Senior Class President and he stated, “because of my leadership and because I can reach a bunch of different audiences and get ideas from many different groups instead of just myself.”

Kealy Ford is the second candidate I interviewed for Senior Class President. I asked Ford what her main goal would be if she became president and she expressed, “I want to make this year special for everyone and I feel like I have a good chance to do that because I am friends with cheerleaders, basketball players, soccer players, but I have also been involved with drama and chorus all of high school and throughout middle school. I’ve had friends in band and in STEM and I feel like I am not involved with just one social circle. I want everyone to feel like they are strongly represented.”

When Ford was asked why she wanted to become president she stated, “I want to be president because I feel it is an honor to be elected by your peers and to be able to work for them. I want this year to be really special for me and all my peers because it is important to me.”

Ford would like for all of her peers to be a part of the school and become involved with more activities. “If I were president I would change the sense of involvement because I want everyone to feel like they are equally represented and we are not just the senior football players or the senior STEM kids: we are the senior class.” Ford was her Junior Class President and has been a part of Central Ambassadors and believes that these will help her be the best choice for Senior Class President.

As class elections approach, the seniors of Forsyth Central High School have the opportunity to vote for who they believe will best represent them as a whole. Kealy Ford and Perry Ender both have similar objectives and either one of them would be a great President for the senior class. Take your time to think about who would get the job done and we’ll see you at the polls.