• September 18Forsyth Central vs. Duluth: 41-42

Ask A Bulldog

Bulldog, Staff Writer

Hello C-House,  this is the Bulldog. Welcome back to Ask A Bulldog; the segment where you, the students, can submit your questions into one of the many “Ask A Bulldog” boxes located all around the school. Or, you can contact me at [email protected]. Remember, these questions can be about anything you want ,whether it’s personal or school related. Forsyth Central is a school that cares deeply about the wellbeing of its students, so this space is for anyone who needs advice, or for those who may not have anyone to talk to about the daily challenges of a high school student.

I’m having issues with a friend. We were friends before, but I feel like she is too busy for me and would rather hang out with other people. I am always the one to try to ask to hang out. I’m sick of being the only one who cares about our friendship. Advice?

Friendship is not supposed to be a one sided thing. If you realize that you are the one putting in all of the effort to keep the friendship alive, then end it. Try talking to this individual. Have a conversation and see if this individual actually wants to maintain the friendship, or if she is being distant for a reason.

I told my best friend that I liked this guy she obviously had no interest in. A couple of weeks later, they started dating. What should I do? Do I have the right to be mad?

I can’t exactly tell you how to feel about this situation, but if you are upset about it, then tell her. Talking is the best option, especially if you want to keep the friendship alive.  What seems like malicious intent could have just been a harmless coincidence.

I have a crush on my best friend’s ex. What do I do ?

Now, I know that most females have been in this type of predicament before, so don’t feel alone. When it comes to this situation, there are a few things to consider. Consider your friendship; think about things like how long it has lasted and how many times this certain individual has been there for you. Now, consider their past relationship. If she’s your best friend, then she probably has a pretty decent head on her shoulders, so the ex is an ex for a reason.

I am always very hungry and the lunch line is super long. I sometimes think I should just scream at the top of my lungs and cut everyone. What can I do to get food faster?

When it comes to high school and lunch lines, they’re always extremely long and time consuming. While screaming at the top of your lungs and cutting everyone may seem like a logical and good idea, it isn’t in the long run. Just think – everyone else in that lunch line is just as hungry as you are, so how is that fair to them? A few solutions to long lines may include bringing your own lunch, or trying to get to the lunch room a few seconds earlier than everyone else.