The Election-Four Perspectives

Kealy Ford, Editor in Chief

The 2016 presidential election has reduced this country to a war zone of battling beliefs.

With heated debates as bombs and angry tweets as missiles, America is stunned at the fervor at which people are supporting their candidate, a fervor so intense that it is has surpassed the passion of many past elections. When the second to last presidential election revealed that the viewing reached superbowl numbers, it became clear that many people care about this election. Whether if it is because they actually care to vote for their candidate or if they are simply amused by the perceived “Childishness” of Trump and Hillary’s Debates is uncertain, but regardless, people have formed their opinions on who should lead our country. Nationwide, citizens argue that none of the candidates are adequate. Perhaps Mitch Young would be a better presidential candidate than any of them.

“Who would you vote for as president? Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, or Mitch Young?” We asked Central students.

Image result for no picture profile pic“I don’t know Jill well enough, but I personally would choose Trump because Hillary, in my opinion, is too untrustworthy to run our country. Although Trump’s ideas are extreme and he does a poor job of explaining his intentions, I still agree with more of Trump’s views than Hillary’s. Trump seems like he is going to get things done and isn’t afraid to put his foot down, which is exactly what this country needs,” Anonymous.

image1“In the midst of the most polarizing election that high students have seen, it’s an interesting time to be a teenager in America. Most of us have had extensive exposure to to outrageous media stories, extreme opinions, and an unusual amount of rhetorical fallacy. Donald J. Trump has graced this election with a populist platform that has serves the foundation for a monster that can only be referred to “Trump Culture”, feverishly tearing down the respectable rational of the GOP and replacing it with mob-rule. Hillary Clinton’s campaign has been able to diminish and distort their undeniable abuse of America’s public offices, reaching a personal low for her trustworthy ratings. Although Gary Johnson and Jill Stein have fought persistent yet silent battles, their polls average to about what Trump’s would be if this were a normal election Consequently, the electoral college has graciously extended to them the opportunity to give up. After considering all of these factors, it seems the best course of action is to support the national motto, “Nothing good happens after midnight,” Sydney Panetta answered.

image2“I would probably vote for Trump, only because I do believe with his views in concern to things like pro-life stances, tax cuts, and immigration policies. As far as the other candidates, I’m not familiar enough with Johnson or Stein to make a decision. And I believe Hillary has the qualifications, but she has made too many mistakes that could cost us in the long run. As for Mitch, I think he should just stick to what he’s good at, running a school and not a country,” Jack Matlack stated.

fullsizerender-3“Hillary, because she most aligns with the policies I do, and would put in Supreme Court justices that would lean to the democratic party. I also would be going mostly to vote locally and for the individual laws, so the presidential candidate wouldn’t be my number one decision in voting,”  Joseph Signa answered.

The nation is divided; Central is divided. It should be interesting to discover who is victorious atop all this chaos. This election could become renown in the history books, depending on who is announced…and how the people react.

Featured image credited to http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/05/opinions/clinton-trump-made-for-each-other-opinion-zelizer/